Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Plein Air Painting at Discover Park Last Summer

Last Summer was awesome, in which I did a lot of painting outdoors at various locations around Seattle. It was the most productive Summer I've had since I started painting outdoors in Summer 2016. I painted around Snoqualmie Pass, North Bend, Snohomish, and Discovery Park. Discovery Park is one of my favorite places to paint within Seattle. A year ago I wrote a post on that. In addition I painted with other local painters- some experienced in plein air painting and others getting started. It was great making new friends to paint with and I enjoyed their company in what is often a solitary activity for me.

Here are photos of paintings I made at Discovery Park from July through September. I mostly painted in the early evening through sunset. There were a few times I painted in the morning to afternoon. For most sessions I would make at least two paintings. One was usually a quick sunset study painted rapidly within a 10 minute period.
































No comments:

Post a Comment