Sunday, December 16, 2018

Still Life Paintings 2018

I haven't posted to my blog since earlier this year but I plan to post more regularly! There's so much I want to share regarding plein air adventures, books, technique, materials, and the art I love.

2018 has kept me busy painting landscapes, portrait studies, and still lifes. Recently I counted all of the paintings I made since January 1 and it's over 100! This is the most I've ever painted in one year. Since February I had painted a number of still lifes. Here are some of the paintings along with one from 2016. All of these were painted from life using props from my collection.  I posted them in chronological order from oldest to recent. Some paintings are still available through Eggleston Goetze Art Advisory

Song Dynasty Cash Coins and Vermillion Pigment, Oil on Masonite Panel, 6 x 6

Crayfish and Berkemeyer Glass, Oil on Masonite Panel, 8 x 10

Pomegranates and Berkemeyer Glass, Oil on Masonite Panel, 8 x 10, Private Collection


Doughnut and Anole Lizard, Oil on Masonite Panel, 5 x 7, Private Collection


Doughnut and Rhino Beetle, Oil on Masonite Panel, 5 x 7


Blood Orange and Roemer Glass, Oil on Masonite Panel, 9 x 12 


Shirley Temple Cupcake, Oil on Masonite Panel, 5 x 7, Private Collection


Crayfish, Oil on Masonite Panel, 5 x 7

Oysters and Roemer Glass, Oil on Masonite Panel, 11 x 14, Private Collection



Florida Fighting Conch and Striped Fox Shell, Oil on Masonite Panel, 6 x 9

Seashells, Oil on Masonite Panel, 6 x 9


Still Life with Horseshoe Crab, Crayfish, Berkemeyer Glass, and Vole Shell, 
Oil on Masonite Panel, 11 x 14


Lemon with Small Roemer Glass, Oil on Masonite Panel, 12 x 9

Pomegranates and Anole Lizard, Oil on Masonite Panel, 10 x 8


Pomegranates, Small Berkemeyer Glass, and Anole Lizard, Oil on Masonite Panel, 12 x 16


No comments:

Post a Comment