Sunday, April 3, 2016

Beer and a painting

What do these paintings by Leonardo, Rembrandt, and Edvard Munch have in common with my Bonsai Tree and Rabbit painting? If you're familiar with the history of the paintings you probably know what today's blog post is about.

This afternoon I noticed I had a missed call from Jack the owner of Hellbent Brewing in Lake City, Seattle, WA. Last month I had three of my paintings publicly unveiled as part of the brewery's permanent collection. I also had two other paintings up- Still life with tabby cat, and Bonsai tree with rabbit. I returned Jack's call and he told me that last night someone had stolen the Bonsai Tree and rabbit painting. Say what? 



Jack told me a police report had been filed and he was trying to get leads on who walked out with the painting. I wasn't angry about the theft. I was saddened but at the same time strangely flattered. He told me that there was a possibility that someone got drunk and walked off with the painting. Maybe he/she would wake up today and realize the mistake they made. As a precaution Jack had taken down the cat painting and he posted on Hellbent's Facebook page regarding the rabbit painting.

Within an hour Jack called me back and said that a woman brought it in. Evidently she was a bit inebriated so she took the painting down, stuck it in a trash bag, and took it home. My fiance Cheryl said "Naw that was premeditated. She had peeped out the painting before and used being drunk as an excuse." Who knows. I'm glad the woman was honest and returned the painting. Cheryl did tell me she felt guilty for stereotyping because she had thought a dude stole the painting. 

Now that the painting is safe I do have one question. Where did the woman get the trash bag? I certainly hope it wasn't from one of the restrooms. I'm a germophobe and I'm picturing the trash bag's former contents.

The three dog banquet paintings are up permanently at Hellbent Brewing. Stop by and check them out, buy some beer, and bring your furry friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment